Saturday, August 10, 2013

Anna Rose's Mini Review: Restaurant Kelly Liken, Vail Valley, Colorado


I really liked eating at Kelly Liken.  I think it was better than Richard Blais and the Spence.

To drink, I had a glass of sparkling Pelligrino water.  

For an amuse bouche, I was served with a mac and cheese.  It was delicious.  It was made out of pasta shaped like tiny little balls.  The cheese was nice and creamy.  

For my first course, I had carrots and zucchini.  I did not like the zucchini because it still had the skin on it.  The carrots were very good but the ranch dressing dip was a little sour.


After that, I had a chicken pot pie that was “de-licious”.  Nothing was wrong with it.  The pastry crust was nice and flaky.  It was very creamy too.  Next, I was served with dessert.  The dessert was very good.  It was two blonde cookies that were perfectly sweet.  In the middle of them was vanilla ice cream, and on the bottom of the plate was a little bit of chocolate syrup.  Next to it was some whipped cream with a bright red maraschino cherry.  After that we were served with a small little plate of goodies in a cupcake wrapper with a little lollipop.  The lollipop was very good.  It had a hint of coffee with some mint in it.  It also had a fudgy brownie.  It had a perfectly smooth taste.  Then there was a little cookie that was like a sugar cookie.  I didn’t not like it because it was not sweet. 

At some point during our dinner, the restaurant got loud.  When we first got there it was quiet.  For some reason, by the end everyone was talking so loud.  The waiters were all dressed in ties and looked very nice.  They were very pleasant by saying “please” and “thank you”.  They had very good manners.  Our waiter was very friendly.  He always smiled.  At the end, our hostess asked how the dinner was .  It was very pleasant of her.

I give it 4 1/2 spoons!